Squire 2021 Busy Season Procedures During COVID-19
As a valued client of the Squire family, we appreciate the trust you place in us for all your accounting needs. We operate with the health and safety of our team, our clients, and our communities at the forefront of our practices. We have taken the pledge to “Stay Safe To Stay Open” from the Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce and the Utah Department of Health. Under this Pledge, we will be keeping our Salt Lake City and Orem physical locations closed to ensure the well-being of our clients and employees. Our team is still available and prepared to assist you virtually in all your accounting needs during the current COVID conditions.
We’ve assembled a COVID-19 task force of leaders across the firm to monitor, address and mitigate risks, presented by the virus and we intend to strictly adhere to all guidance presented by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO) and the Utah COVID-19 Task Force. Out of an abundance of caution, we are continuing the following actions:
- In order to ensure we are able to meet current recommendations for physical distancing, the majority of Squire employees are working partially or fully remotely.
- Meetings will continue to be held via telephone or video conference whenever possible. In-person appointments must be scheduled to ensure the availability of safe meeting spaces
- All documentation will still need to be submitted through a non-contact method. We are able to receive documents electronically, through the US mail or in the secure drop boxes provided at each of our physical offices. The following is information on submitting documents electronically for each Squire department
- Tax Department: click here for changes to tax preparation operation
- Audit Department: your secure document exchange portal or email a Squire team member
- Advisory Department: Contact your Squire team member for secure file transfer options
- We will utilize electronic delivery of documents to you as well as the use of electronic signature capabilities when possible.
- Credit card payments will be completed online or information will need to be verbally provided to our administrative team to complete. Checks may still be mailed to our office.
- More information regarding these changes can be found on Utah’s Public Health Order.
- Please feel free to reach out to the Squire team to help things go as smoothly as possible. We are continuing to monitor this ever-evolving situation and are here to assist you as needed to meet tax and accounting reporting requirements. We will update information regarding these measures as they are announced.
As you are aware, this is Squire’s busiest time of year, with tax filing and financial statement regulatory deadlines. We remain committed to making sure our operations continue to run smoothly and to maintain the quality and timeliness of service that is Squire’s hallmark. We will continually be monitoring the COVID-19 situation and following the guidance of the CDC and the Salt Lake and Utah County Departments of Health to reopen doors when appropriate.
On behalf of the Squire team, I thank you sincerely for your understanding and support during this time. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact your Squire professional or to reach out to me directly. Thank you for being a valued client of Squire.