Firm Administrative Assistant
|Application Deadline:||Until Filled|
|Job Hours:||Full time, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
|Salary:||TBD (Typical range is $18-$22/hour)|
We are looking for a dynamic Administrative Assistant who wants to be part of an amazing team. The right candidate will be outgoing, a problem solver and someone who wants to exceed our expectations. Someone who is not afraid to ask lots of questions and has the ability and the willingness to find the answers. The ideal candidate will be a team player and will strive to set an example of professionalism.
The Administrative Assistant provides a variety of important administrative, project management and other support services to executive management and HR department. Primary duties will require the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. This individual will represent the executives when interfacing with external and internal clients, potential clients and vendors. The Administrative Assistant will administer programs, projects, and/or processes. The Administrative Assistant will also serve as a facilitator to coordinate deadlines, resolving issues directly or through others, to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner in high pressure situations. Work hours will need to be adapted and/or extended to meet project deadlines. The Administrative Assistant must be detail oriented and be able to follow instructions and ask questions.
1. Facilitate phone calls; handle questions and complaints; set up and confirm appointments and meetings. Deal with complex queries on the telephone, by email and in person.
2. Administer and assist in managing internal projects by following up with responsible parties, managing deadlines and providing support to other staff.
3. Screen incoming correspondence, responding when appropriate or referring inquiries to staff members.
4. Assist in managing relationships with vendors and other key organizations.
5. Assist in billing processes and creating reports through our software program, as needed.
6. Assist CEO and Firm Administrator with meeting minute task items and follow up.
7. Prepare client bills and assist with collection efforts, including related correspondence and client calls.
8. Manage training attendance sign-up lists and coordinate scheduling of resources for Squire Insights classes; make arrangements for setup before and take down after training meetings. May also involve coordinating meals for various meetings. This will also include ensuring technology is working and set up prior to each meeting.
9. Assist with the planning and execution of firm events and functions.
10. Place and process orders for various software.
11. May provide support to the HR department as needed.
12. Use systematic methods to track time commitments and the completion of tasks; coordinate and plan travel arrangements; coordinate and make arrangements for conferences, meetings and events.
13. Independently compose correspondence and prepare presentations from general information or instructions.
14. Format and edit letters, reports, and all other correspondence from draft stage to client-ready work; adhere to record retention policies and procedures.
15. Manage client storage files and de-activate clients as needed.
16. Maintain and organize documents on file servers in compliance with document retention policy.
17. Identify and develop relationships with key internal/external client contacts; assist with marketing the firm and gaining recognition as a business partner/resource.
18. Work with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and other relevant software, effectively navigate and research on the internet, and use technical equipment appropriately.
19. Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
20. Manage flower orders for office to include sympathy, get well and new babies, etc.
21. Assist CEO in the follow through and completion of client work throughout the year, including following up on documentation requests, delivering items to clients and obtaining client signatures.
22. Work closely with marketing department to manage company swag items.
23. Provide backup support to Human Resources department for employee on-boarding at both office locations.
24. Manage CPE filing and submission for all licensed employees firm-wide.
25. Other responsibilities as assigned by the firm which may include:
o Receptionist backup
o Document management
o Coordinating work with other Administrative Assistants
1. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
2. Ability to manage projects
3. Detail oriented
4. Knowledge of office practices, procedures, software and equipment; ability to learn several new computer programs quickly.
5. Ability to perform a variety of administrative skills requiring the exercise of independent judgment and problem-solving.
6. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, and the public.
7. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but some formal education plus on the job experience is acceptable.
8. Must be willing to ask questions and accept help from those around you to ensure processes are accurate and complete.
9. Must have a minimum of 3 years of Administrative Assistant experience.
10. Must be able to work during specified hours each day.
11. Must have the ability to manage a large number of details and deadlines autonomously.
12. Must enjoy problem solving and creating new processes and solutions.
13. Should be proactive in anticipating the needs of management.
*Please be aware that if you are offered a position of employment with us, we conduct an extremely thorough background screening. If you believe this will be an issue, please discuss with representative of Squire.