|Application Deadline:||Until Filled|
|Job Hours:||Full time, Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.|
The Administrative Assistant provides a variety of important administrative, project management and other support services to executive management and other assigned staff.Primary duties will require the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance. This individual will represent the executives when interfacing with external and internal clients, potential clients and vendors. The Administrative Assistant will administer programs, projects, and/or processes. The Administrative Assistant will also serve as a facilitator to coordinate deadlines, resolving issues directly or through others, to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner in high pressure situations. Work hours will need to be adapted and/or extended to meet project deadlines.
1. Facilitate phone calls; handle questions and complaints; set up and confirm appointments and meetings. Oversee the needs of any visitor to the departments. Deal with complex queries on the telephone, by email and in person
2. Administer and assist in managing internal projects by following up with responsible parties, managing deadlines and providing support to other staff
3. Screen incoming correspondence, responding when appropriate or referring inquiries to staff members.
4. Assist in managing relationships with Microsoft, Intuit, Oracle and other key organizations.
5. Assist in billing processes and creating reports through our software program, as needed.
6. Take and prepare meeting minutes; identify action items and ensure follow-up
7. Prepare client bills and assist with collection efforts, including related correspondence and client calls
8. Manage training attendance sign-up lists and coordinate scheduling of resources for Squire Insights classes; make arrangements for setup before and take down after training meetings. May also involve coordinating meals for various meetings.
9. Assist with the planning and execution of firm events and functions.
10. Place and process orders for various software.
11. Filter, screen, and process regular emails and incoming mail.
12. May provide support to the HR Director as needed.
13. Use systematic methods to track time commitments and the completion of tasks; coordinate and plan travel arrangements; coordinate and make arrangements for conferences, meetings and events.
14. Independently compose correspondence and prepare presentations from general information or instructions.
15. Format and edit letters, reports, and all other correspondence from draft stage to client-ready work; adhere to record retention policies and procedures.
16. Maintain and organize documents on file servers in compliance with document retention policy.
17. Identify and develop relationships with key internal/external client contacts; assist with marketing the firm and gaining recognition as a business partner/resource.
18. Work with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, CRM and other relevant software, effectively navigate and research on the internet, and use technical equipment appropriately.
19. Maintain confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
20. Assist respective Partners in the preparation of tax returns throughout the year.
21. Other responsibilities as assigned by the firm which may include:
o Receptionist backup
o Document management
o Coordinating work with other administrative assistants
1. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
2. Ability to manage projects
3. Knowledge of office practices, procedures, software and equipment; ability to learn several new computer programs quickly
4. Ability to perform a variety of administrative skills requiring the exercise of independent judgment and problem-solving
5. Excellent customer service skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, clients, and the public
6. Bachelor’s degree preferred, but some formal education plus on the job experience is acceptable
7. Must be willing to ask questions and accept help from those around you to ensure processes are accurate and complete
8. Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of Administrative Assistant experience